MY FUTURE JOB

Resultado de imagen para carceles en chile

I am a year away from graduation and I can´t imagine working yet, I feel that I need to know more things and I do not feel ready to enter the working world yet.
I am studying social work and doing professional practice I have discovered that the area that I like the most in my career are the interventions with people deprived of liberty. I am currently collaborating in a foundation that works doing workshops inside the prisons on self-knowledge, soft skills workshops, among others and once the participants get out of jail, they are offered work so that they can have job opportunities and not return to the crime.

I would like to work in the prisons because even if they are environments of abuse, drugs and a lot of violence, in a place where we must intervene urgently to change the reality of these people and improve their quality of life both inside the prison and once on freedom. The prisons in Chile have high rates of violence, overcrowding, drug consumption, corruption infrastructure problems, abuse by gendarmes, etc. The State has the duty to keep these people with minimum standards of Human Rights. About the salary I know it is probably not very good, the career I chose is known to be poorly paid, therefore I am not ambitious haha.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog