Hi!
Today I will write about my favorite movie "Dreams of freedom" or "The Shawshank redemption" based on a novel by Stephen King.

The first time I saw this movie was more than 10 years ago with my mother, since it is also her favorite movie.
“Dreams of freedom” is about a very influencing banker named Andrew Dufresne (played by Tim Robbins) who is accused of killing his wife and her lover in a fit of jealousy. Despite insisting on his innocence, andy is sentenced to double life for the murders. Inside prison, Andy becomes friends with Red (played by Morgan Freeman), another prisoner sentenced to life imprisonment, with whom he spends his days in detention. The protagonist lives different situations throughout his years in prison, where they sexually abuse him, but despite this he becomes well known and considered by everyone in prison. Andy creates a library for the prisoners, he has an excellent behavior and because of this he becomes the personal administrator of the property of the Warden.
Andy one day escapes from prison with the money that he stole from the corrupt warden and goes to live on a paradise island (Zihuatanejo) located in the middle of the ocean. Red, who stays in jail serving his sentence, is released after spending 40 years locked up and once in freedom he travels to reconnect with his great friend Andy.

My favorite scene in the movie is when Red (Morgan Freeman) goes on parole after being imprisoned for 40 years and for me it is the most exciting moment and the best dialogue of the movie:

“-Ellis Boyd Redding, his file says he has served 40 years of his life sentence. Do you feel rehabilitated?
- Refurbished? Well, let's see. I have no idea what it means.
- It means being able to rejoin ...
- I know what it means to you, son. For me it is a hollow phrase invented by politicians so that young people like you wear a suit and tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? If I'm sorry?
 - Well, is he?
- There's no day I do not regret it. Not because I'm here, or because you think I should. I think about what I was before, a stupid young man who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to you. I want to make him see reason. Tell you how everything is. But I can not. That boy no longer exists and this old man is what remains. I have to live with that. Refurbished? It's a fucking word. Put the stamp on the forms, son, and do not waste my time. Because I really do not give a fuck.”

Comentarios


  1. for what you told in this post, the movie looks very interesting. I feel that prison issues and punishment are very present in it. Beware!!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog